The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program from UCW will prepare you for success on a global level. You will learn how to take challenging situations in; a stride, apply pragmatic solutions to problems and ultimately drive the success of your organization through intelligent decision-making.
Applicants to the MBA program may qualify for admission based on the following requirements:
If your first language is not English, submit an IELTS score of at least 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in the writing band) or equivalent (TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo, etc.) OR successful completion of UCW’s University Access Program (UAP) with a Grade Point Average of at least 70%. If your first language is English and you can demonstrate that you graduated from a recognized degree in an English-speaking country, the English IELTS score or equivalent requirement is waived.
A cumulative GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.33 scale) or better in a bachelor’s degree OR successful completion of UCW’s MBA Foundation (MBAF) with a Grade Point Average of at least 72%.
One of the following:
A suitable score on a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) that has been written in the last five (5) years.
A relevant Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP or P.Eng).
Bachelor’s degree in business (e.g., Business Administration (BBA) degree or Bachelor Commerce (BCom)).
A minimum of three (3) years documented professional or management experience with evidence of career progression and relevant education and/or training.
Academica Group has been surveying our MBA graduates 6 months after graduation (which will continue in 2020).
According to the January 2020 data from the graduates that participated in the study:
- 100% Graduate Employment within 6 Months
- 88% have secured employment within 3 months of graduation
- 67% have secured employment within a month of graduation
Our alumni work for some of the world’s leading organizations such as;
- Oakville Trading
- The Marketing Kangaroos
- Walt Disney World
The program is split into four tiers that will progressively develop your skillset, until you are able to handle the most complex problems. Team activities are an intrinsic part of the MBA, reflecting the need for team skills in modern business and providing a collegial learning environment.
- Tier 1: Analytical Foundations
- Tier 2: Management Principles and Practices
- Tier 3: Business Applications
- Tier 4: Integration and Implementation
You now have a choice. You can select electives in one of eight elective areas as you progress through your degree program. Select three electives from one of the elective areas in Business Analytics, Consulting, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resources, Leadership, Marketing and Digital Marketing and Non-Profit to gain specialized skills and knowledge or develop your own focus track.
- Business Analytics
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Digital Marketing
The MBA program at University Canada West (UCW) is designed for ACCA students, affiliates, and members who want to top up their accounting and finance knowledge with a world-class business degree.
We offer you the opportunity to complete your remaining ACCA exams alongside your UCW MBA degree so you can enter the workplace with these two internationally recognized qualifications.
There are three MBA-ACCA pathways available:
- ACCA Student Pathway
- ACCA Affiliate/Member Pathway
- Special ACCA-Graduate Pathway
1. ACCA Student Pathway
ACCA students who have completed an ACCA-accredited undergraduate degree can directly enter the UCW MBA program. Our MBA program allows students to continue their ACCA journey by taking the following ACCA exams independently:
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
MBA students who pass these ACCA exams will not be required to complete the UCW internal assessment. If students are unsuccessful in their ACCA exams or no longer want to continue their ACCA qualification, they will have the option to continue their MBA by taking UCW internal assessments.
ACCA students who have completed any of the above exams will receive credit transfers to the UCW MBA program.
2. ACCA Affiliate/Member Pathway
ACCA affiliates/members who have completed the entire ACCA qualification may also get direct entry to the UCW MBA program. This pathway is also available to ACCA candidates who have completed an ACCA-accredited undergraduate degree.
ACCA affiliates/members may apply for credit transfers against their Strategic Professional/Professional Stage exams based on the exams completed. Credit transfers are available on a case-by-case basis.
3. Special ACCA-Graduate Pathway
Students holding any undergraduate degree topped-up with nine ACCA exams can continue their ACCA journey with the UCW MBA-ACCA Student Pathway.
Credit Transfer Details
Students who are eligible for credit transfers against their successfully completed ACCA Strategic Professional exams may request the following module transfers:
In addition to the above modules, students who have completed the entire ACCA qualification at the time of admission will also get exemption for UCW ACCT 621: Managerial Accounting.
Total number of modules in program 15, ACCA Affiliates entitled to above credits to complete only 12 modules and hence shortening duration of MBA to 18 months (from 2 years).
This two-year, 60-credit (20 courses) undergraduate program is equivalent to the first two years of a four-year degree in the Arts. On completion of the program a student can proceed to.
- proceed to obtain the 3 year post graduate work permit and then subsequent application for PR
- complete the final two years of a transfer into bachelor’s degree programs at University Canada West (UCW) and all British Columbia degree-granting institutions and proceed to obtain the 3 year post graduate work permit and then subsequent application for PR.
We have selected the University of Canada West, due to its immense recognition in Canada, which has enabled 100% of its students to gain permanent employment in Canada within six months of graduating. Graduates are employed in globally recognized corporates such as Apple, Siemens, Nestle, Scotiabank and Royal Bank of Canada.
Graduates of the AA program will develop these skills:
- Workplace problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Leadership skills for the workplace
- Communications and soft skills for employability
- Students in the AA degree program are required to demonstrate both written and oral communication skills. These skills will be developed and evaluated through:
- Lectures and class discussions
- Written assignments
- Team tasks
Program brochure (attached with mail to be shown as a downloadable file)
Sub Tab: Entry Requirement
1. Two C’s Passes and One S Pass for Advanced Levels
21 years of age with work experience
IELTS required for both options (Minimum 6, with no less than 6 for writing)
UCW students are ready to enter the workforce as soon as they graduate. 100% of our MBA students find employment within six months of graduating. UCW alumni work at world-leading companies, including Apple, Telus, Nestlé, Walt Disney World, Sony Picture Image Works and Siemens.
International students may work up to 20 hours per week if they are enrolled in a full-time program for at least six months, and if the other conditions of their study permit are met.
Upon successful completion of their program, students may be eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
UCW is an innovative business and technology-oriented, teaching-focused institution in Canada, offering applied undergraduate and graduate degrees for domestic and international students. The university is a dynamic and growing institution defined by its close connections to the business community and a commitment to outstanding student services.
- To exemplify a contemporary Canadian university.
- To be relevant, accessible, and innovative.
- To offer career-focused courses to transform students into leadership-ready graduates.
- To provide exceptional service and support to students whether they study with us online or on campus.
- To offer flexibility to make education more accessible to those eager to progress both academically and professionally.
- To foster a diverse and challenging learning environment focused on practical application of knowledge and building competencies for scholarship, leadership, and responsible citizenship in a global context.