The MBA program at University Canada West (UCW) is designed for ACCA students, affiliates and members who want to top up their accounting and finance knowledge with a world-class business degree.
We offer you the opportunity to complete your remaining ACCA exams alongside your UCW MBA degree so you can enter the workplace with these two internationally recognized qualifications.
There are three MBA-ACCA pathways available:
- ACCA Student Pathway
- ACCA Affiliate/Member Pathway
- Special ACCA-Graduate Pathway
1. ACCA Student Pathway
ACCA students who have completed an ACCA-accredited undergraduate degree can directly enter the UCW MBA program. Our MBA program allows students to continue their ACCA journey by taking the following ACCA exams independently:
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL)
- Advanced Financial Management (AFM)
MBA students who pass these ACCA exams will not be required to complete the UCW internal assessment. If students are unsuccessful in their ACCA exams or no longer want to continue their ACCA qualification, they will have the option to continue their MBA by taking UCW internal assessments.
ACCA students who have completed any of the above exams will receive credit transfers to the UCW MBA program.
2. ACCA Affiliate/Member Pathway
ACCA affiliates/members who have completed the entire ACCA qualification may also get direct entry to the UCW MBA program. This pathway is also available to ACCA candidates who have completed an ACCA-accredited undergraduate degree.
ACCA affiliates/members may apply for credit transfers against their Strategic Professional/Professional Stage exams based on the exams completed. Credit transfers are available on a case-by-case basis.
3. Special ACCA-Graduate Pathway
Students holding any undergraduate degree topped-up with nine ACCA exams can continue their ACCA journey with the UCW MBA-ACCA Student Pathway.
UCW students are ready to enter the workforce as soon as they graduate. 100% of our MBA students find employment within six months of graduating. UCW alumni work at world-leading companies, including Apple, Telus, Nestlé, Walt Disney World, Sony Picture Image Works and Siemens.
International students may work up to 20 hours per week if they are enrolled in a full-time program for at least six months, and if the other conditions of their study permit are met.
Upon successful completion of their program, students may be eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
UCW is an innovative business and technology-oriented, teaching-focused institution in Canada, offering applied undergraduate and graduate degrees for domestic and international students. The university is a dynamic and growing institution defined by its close connections to the business community and a commitment to outstanding student services.
- To exemplify a contemporary Canadian university.
- To be relevant, accessible, and innovative.
- To offer career-focused courses to transform students into leadership-ready graduates.
- To provide exceptional service and support to students whether they study with us online or on campus.
- To offer flexibility to make education more accessible to those eager to progress both academically and professionally.
- To foster a diverse and challenging learning environment focused on practical application of knowledge and building competencies for scholarship, leadership, and responsible citizenship in a global context.